One of the rules of receiving a Liebster award is that you have to answer 11 questions about yourself, so here are mine. These answers will hopefully help you get to know the mum behind this blog.
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what’s it about? Choosing a blog title came fairly easily to me I am a mum that continuously wanders with her son. I have serious Wanderlust and I'm a mum so Voila! There you have it, The Wandering Mum
2. Where does your blogging inspiration come from? My inspiration is to pass on all the great adventures my son and I get to have, I hope my blog can help other families get out and see things, inform people of whats on, help parents choose destinations suitable for their families. Plus its nice to get to relive our adventures through writing about them and going back over the photos
3. Can you give 11 random facts about yourself?
* I am a single mother
* I moved to the otherside of the world on my own when I was 15
* I learned I was pregnant in Malta on holidays
* I love chocolate, like really really love it
* I am mum to an only child
* I taught english in China
* I ran a prestigue Golf Club in New Zealand
* I mined for gold in Western Australia
* I worked in Investment banking in Ireland
* I have lived in 4 states in Australia
* I suffer badly from insomnia so most of my blogging is done somewhere around 2am.
4. What is something you’ve been loving lately? We have recently moved back to area where I grew up so its been amazing catching up with old friends and family.
5. What is it you love most about blogging? See question 2, I love having a platform to relive all of our adventures
6. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be? hmmm OK, Im going to go for a combination of shallow and not so shallow... 1. 2 x open ended round the world plane tickets for my son and I. 2. For no one anywhere to go hungry 3. For my son to keep his never ending joy of life and keep his amazement and wonder of all things. (oops I should probably have wished for some spending money too)
7.What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why? Can I choose a whole continent and say Africa? or I know Morocco; the food, the colours, the bazaars wow!
8. What are you currently watching or reading? I watch very little TV and mostly at the moment I seem to find myself reading loads of blogs rather than books.
9. A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it? Head to Cambodia and work with Sunshine Children's Village Orphanage however they need me and from there do some further travelling.
10. What is something you do when you need to take time for yourself? Walk or blog or eat aforementioned chocolate
11. Where do you see yourself in five years time? Hopefully doing exactly what I'm doing now; enjoying life with my son, taking chances to get out and see the world and loving it.
So there you have it, there are 11 answers about me and some rather random facts.
Here are my 11 nominees;
Travelin with JC
Mamma Raj Says
Six Little Hearts
Toilets aren't for turtles
The Travelling Lindfields
Travel to Zambia - because how can I not include a blog that features walking with Lions!!
Family Travel Times
Family Travels on a budget
If you have been nominated by me for a Liebster award please follow the instructions below;
Instructions for Nominees; Answer the eleven questions given to you by the person that nominated you (see below). Please comment on this post with your link when you are done so I can see your answers!
In your post, link back to the person/blog who nominated you and give a little thank you shout out.
After completing the questions, nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers on the social media platform of your choice (I used Bloglovin’), and give them eleven questions of your choice.
Notify your nominees of their nomination, and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
Here are your questions:
- How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what’s it about?
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- Can you give 11 random facts about yourself?
- What is your favourite country, city or place you have visited?
- If money was no object, briefly describe the holiday you would take?
- If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
- What are you currently watching or reading?
- A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
- What is something you do when you need to take time for yourself?
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?